OAO IDGC of Urals renders services to customers across the Perm, Sverdlovsk and Chelyabinsk regions. The Company is a natural monopoly with state-regulated electricity transmission and connection tariffs. The service area is also abundant in small municipal and private grid operators that transmit electricity mainly through low-voltage networks.
the GRR-based market share of our branches differs.
The electricity sector of the regions served by the Company evolves in line with the relevant regional energy complex development schemes (or ECDS), generated in compliance with the Government Decree, factoring in development blueprints of all sector players and regional load gain forecasts.
The ECDS of the Perm region is being prepared by the Perm Ministry of Construction, Housing and Utilities Interagency Board, liable for perspective development of the energy sector in the Perm region, several Permenergo representatives sitting on the Board. The ECDS of the Sverdlovsk region is being generated by the Sverdlovsk Ministry of Energy, Housing and Utilities Expert Group. The expert group contains several representatives from the Company’s HQ and Sverdlovenergo branch. The ECDS of the Chelyabinsk region is being produced by the Chelyabinsk Ministry of Tariffs and Energy, a draft of the ECDS to be examined and approved by the coordination board, comprising several representatives from our Chelyabenergo branch.
In addition, to optimize Company’s grid development plan in 2017 we have contracted OAO NTS UES to revise the Integrated 35+kV Network Development Program for 2017-2021. Since revision of the program used data obtained from FY2016 winter check measurement and January-February 2017 forecast balance of OAO SO UES, materials were filed with the authorities of the regions serviced by the Company and used in generation of the energy complex development schemes and programs for the next period.
In May 2017 revision of the Integrated 35+kV Network Development Program for 2016-2020 was initiated, factoring in 2018-2022 period. In December 2017 materials were filed with the authorities of the regions serviced by the Company to be used in generation of the energy complex development schemes and programs for the next period.
The Company’s grid development strategy comprises the following aspects:
- Connection of new consumers to the Company’s networks with a view to foster sustainable development of the Urals economy and boost electricity transmission.
- Construction of grid facilities with a view to eliminate electrical shortage zones and secure reliable and non-stop system operation.
- Build-up of united grid area, i.e. consolidation of grid assets to secure reliable supply of consumers and promote efficient development of the energy systems across the service regions.
Evolution of the Company’s production assets shall assist in implementing federal programs, All-Russia projects, regional programs and territorial development plans.
To enhance efficiency of the Innovative Development Program planning and implementation the following key directions of innovative development were set:
In terms of technical innovations:
- Cutting-edge technologies and solutions: activities related to application of new materials, isolation, equipment used in Company’s core processes (current limiters, controlled devices, new-type wires with improved electrical conductivity and durability, new-type isolators, power electronics, etc.);
- Digitization of management and technological processes – transition from analog to digital philosophy for managing relay protection and emergency automation, automated technological process control system, metering and telecommunications (digital measuring transformers, digital network equipment, shift to digital substations, etc.); digitization of production asset management; implementation of digital systems for monitoring technological processes in networks and at substations;
- Enhancement of grids flexibility: development of system properties to improve stability against disturbances in networks and automatic restoration of normal operating conditions (adaptive relay protection and emergency automation, control system, logic automation, digital on-line network model).
In terms of organizational and marketing innovations:
- Designing new and systemic re-engineering of existing business processes through the lens of complex efficiency: management of production assets, management systems, front-end services, management of system life cycle, lean production practices;
- HR management innovations: implementation of HR management technologies, relevant to this day;
- Shaping innovative environment around the Company: building relations between OAO IDGC of Urals and innovative firms, scientific and educational institutions dealing with scientific and technological matters (partnership in technological platforms, implementation of cooperation agreements with anchor higher education institutions).
Directions of the Company’s Grid Digitization Innovative Development Program outline the following activities:
- Digital Technologies and Shift to Digital Substations: project “Implementation of IEC 61850 technical solutions related to digital data exchange in relay protection and automation systems at OAO IDGC of Urals’ pilot substations”;
- Shift to Digital PDZ active-adaptive networks: project “All-round automation and telemetry of 10-0.4-kV distribution networks”.